I loveeee this Banana Bread recipe! Usually I leave the chocolate chips out but…what the hell, it’s SaturYAY! 😉
What you will need:
• an oven 😉
• two bowls
• a mixer (or a fork)
• a rubber spatula
• bread pan or muffin pan if you desire
• 3-4 slightly over-ripe organic bananas
• 1 ½ cups organic all-purpose flour or Gluten free flour (both work great)
• 1 cup semi sweet organic chocolate chips
• 1 large organic egg
• ⅔ cups organic cane sugar or coconut sugar (coconut sugar is a little trickier, I would only use coconut sugar if your bananas are the perfect over-ripe. Any greener than that and you’ll need the cane sugar to keep the sweetness there.)
• ⅓ cup organic unsalted butter
• 1 tsp Aluminum-free baking soda
• 1 tsp organic pure bourbon vanilla extract
• pinch of Himalayan sea salt
• pinch of cinnamon
• pinch of nutmeg
Pre heat oven to 375˚ F
In a medium bowl add flour, ⅓ cup sugar, and egg, mix.
In a smaller bowl, cut your bananas and add the other ⅓ cup of sugar
Now add your butter, and mix. If your butter is too cold, you’ll have a hard time mixing it in, but don’t worry, add it to your flour mixture and you’ll be fine.
Go back to your medium sized bowl and add your cinnamon, salt, nutmeg, and baking soda and vanilla extract.
Now add your banana mixture to your flour batter and mix.
Now add your chocolate chips, and mix on low.
Add your batter to your pan (I love mine from Restoration Hardware!)
Bake for 20-25 minutes. It’s ready when the edges are golden brown but still slightly gooey in the middle 🙂
Let cool and enjoy!
p.s. you can get this super cute Butter My Buns butter knife from Mudpie! I adore their stuff!