The Dirty Duchess Cookies
These are deadly delicious! Not to mention they are super easy!
Prep time: 15-20 minutes Bake time: 12-15 minutes
Preheat oven to 325˚ F. Makes approx. 12-24 cookies depending on desired size.
Tools you will need:
- two large cookie sheets
- two medium sized bowls
- one saucepan, and a melting attachment if you have it!
- hand mixer or stationary mixer (a fork is fine too!)
- rubber spatula
- regular spatula
- a spoon for taste testing 😉
- cooling rack if available!
1 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
½ cup (one stick) organic unsalted butter
⅓ cups organic can sugar
⅓ cups all natural all-purpose flour
¼ cup organic unsweetened cocoa
2 large organic brown eggs
1 ½ teaspoons organic bourbon vanilla extract (TJ’s version is awesome!)
1 teaspoon baking powder
¼ teaspoon himalayan sea salt
¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
¼ teaspoon organic cinnamon
sprinkles if desired!
- Grease two large cookie sheets.
- in a medium bowl, mix flour, cocoa, baking powder, salt, cayenne pepper, and cinnamon.
3. In your sauce pan, melt butter and chocolate chips in low heat, stirring until completely melted.
4. Once chocolate mixture is melted, let cool. Pour in cooled mixture into powder mixture, add vanilla extract, then blend until it’s an even batter-like texture, making sure there are no lumps.
5. Drop approximately two spoonfuls of batter 2 inches apart onto cookie sheets. Flatten cookie batter slightly. I know they look a little like dog poop…but I promise they don’t turn out that way!
6. Put cookie sheets in the oven and set a timer for 12 minutes, checking them every 5 minutes. Cookies should be cracked and shiny!
7. Once done, pull from oven and let cool on cooling rack for approximately 10 minutes until they’re slightly firmer.
8. Display on cute plate and add sprinkles if desired 🙂
Post a photo of the cookies you made and tag me on instgram!! @sashaingoodtaste